The Administrative Procedures Certificate offered through Evening and Weekend Programs provides participants with an overview of organization and management, with emphasis on the practical aspects of administering personnel, financial, and auxiliary services in the government.
This program is designed to benefit individuals who want to upgrade their skills, enhance their careers, or pursue new professional paths.
Upon completion of the certificate program, students will be able to:
- Articulate the basic concepts of administrative planning and procedures for supervisory or administrative assistant positions, including planning, organizing, controlling, staffing and directing.
- Apply theories of management and leadership, problem solving, delegation, legislation and agency requirements, budgetary formulation and control, technological applications, personnel selection and appraisal, and time and stress management.
- Demonstrate effective leadership and interpersonal skills in a business environment in order to successfully complete individual and team projects.
- Use technology to support the role of the administrative professional.
- Produce crisp, clear and concise memos, letters, and reports.
- Use critical thinking skills to make decisions and assist in solving organizational issues.
You may apply for this program online. For more information about this or other certificates, please contact the certificate counselor at (202) 314-3320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special accommodations may be requested online by requesting ADA Accommodations. All requests must be received at least four weeks prior to the class start date to be fulfilled.