This nine-month leadership development program is designed for mid-level employees (GS 11-13 or equivalent) seeking to enhance their leadership competence in facilitating their organization’s mission and critical goals. The Executive Core Qualification Leading People is the foundation of this program. Through a myriad of competency-based developmental activities, participants expand their knowledge and experience while increasing their visibility.
Learn more about Graduate School USA's Center for Leadership and Management.
Curriculum Theme: Leading People
Audience: GS 11-13 or equivalent
Program Schedule: Nine months
Four one-week residential sessions (attendance required)
Credit: 13.6 CEU
- Assess developmental strengths and needs in relation to the Executive Core Qualifications.
- Create a personalized leadership development plan.
- Engage in real-time practical learning applications.
- Prepare talented employees for leadership and management positions at an earlier stage in their careers.
- Leadership Effectiveness Inventory (LEI)
- Personality Type
- Conflict Management/Styles
- Leadership Development Plan
- 60-Day Developmental Assignment
- Executive Interviews
- Shadow Assignment
- Leadership Readings
- Community Service Project
- Learning Team Project
Core Competency-Based Training
- Leading teams
- Individual skill building for leadership success
- Leading in a changing environment
- Celebrating success and recognizing growth as a leader
- Organizational return on investment (ROI)
- Increased external awareness/visibility
- Enhanced management effectiveness