Federal Financial Management Curriculum
Graduate School USA’s Financial Management curriculum provides comprehensive training solutions that help you develop the broad range of knowledge and skills you need to make sound decisions.
Government departments and agencies must balance diminishing resources with the need to maintain and expand existing programs. Our courses help students acquire the skills to achieve such a balance—though mastery of the tools and techniques of accounting, budgeting, appropriations law, and financial management. Courses in decision support and travel regulations for both defense and non-defense agencies are also available.
We offer training at the Basic, Introductory, Intermediate, and Advanced skill levels. Courses focus on terminology and principles, as well as the laws, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures that underpin federal financial management. Taught by instructors with real-world experience in the field, most courses emphasize practical application of the skills learned.
- Federal Accounting Standards (ACCT7102A)
- Government Standard General Ledger (ACCT8100A)
- Intermediate Federal Accounting (ACCT8003A)
- Introduction to Federal Accounting (ACCT7001A)
- Understanding Federal Financial Statements (FINC8103A)
Federal Appropriations Law
- Advanced Appropriations Law (FINC9100A)
- Antideficiency Act (FINC7207A)
- Appropriations Law for Reimbursements, Revolving Funds, and User Fees (FINC9115A)
- DoD Fiscal Law Principles (FINC8200A)
- Federal Appropriations Law (FINC7100A)
- Federal Appropriations Law Refresher and Update (FINC8147A)
- Budget Execution (BUDG7100A)
- Budget Formulation (BUDG7101A)
- Budget Justification and Presentation (BUDG7102A)
- Congressional Budget Process (BUDG8175A)
- DHS Planning, Programing, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) (BUDG8103A)
- Federal Budget Analysis using Microsoft Excel (BUDG8150A)
- Federal Budgeting for Non-Budgeting Personnel (BUDG7000A)
- Federal Budget Process (BUDG7103A)
- Introduction to Federal Budgeting (BUDG7001A)
- Planning, Budgeting and Performance Measurement (BUDG8180A)
- Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) (BUDG8000A)
- Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE), Army (BUDG8001A)
Federal Financial Management
- Assessing Financial Related Activities and Controls (AUDT8811A)
- Decision Support Analytics (FINC8120A)
- Defense Working Capital Funds (FINC9000A)
- Effective Audit Resolution, Follow-up and Implementation (AUDT8043A)
- Federal Budgeting, Execution, and Accounting: The Relationship (FINC8300A)
- Federal Financial Systems and Policies (BUDG8005A)
- Introduction to Financial Management (FINC7000A)
- Intermediate Decision Support Analytics (FINC9150A)
- Non-Defense Working Capital Funds (FINC9250A)
Federal Travel Regulations
- Travel Regulations for Defense Agencies, JTR (PCS Only) (FINC8230A)
- Travel Regulations for Defense Agencies, JTR (TDY only) (FINC7215A)
- Travel Regulations for Defense Agencies, JTR (TDY and PCS) (FINC8231A)
- Travel Regulations for Non-Defense Agencies, FTR (PCS Only) (FINC7104A)
- Travel Regulations for Non-Defense Agencies, FTR (TDY only) (FINC7213A)
- Travel Regulations for Non-Defense Agencies, FTR (TDY and PCS) (FINC8232A)
Federal Financial Management Related Courses
- Army Managers' Internal Control Administrators' Course (AUDT9051A)
- Cost-Benefit Analysis Workshop (PGMT8100A)
- Descriptive Statistics for Data Analysis (PGMT8200A)
- Enterprise Risk Management: Executive Seminar (AUDT8912A)
- Inferential Statistics for Data Analysis (PGMT8200A)
- Manager's and Auditor's Roles in Assessing Internal Control (AUDT8003A)
- Prevention and Detection of Fraud (AUDT8002A)
- The Governmental Audit: From Planning to Reporting (AUDT8032A)
Courses listed in this section are structured to meet the workforce development and continuing education needs of federal government agencies, employees, and contractors. Where applicable, they are developed and updated to provide students with the competencies identified by government organizations or professional associations such as the CFO Council, Association of Government Accountants, and the American Society of Military Comptroller.
The CFO Council, with the support of the Joint Financial Management Improvement Program (JFMIP) / Office of Financial Systems Integration (FSIO), established core competencies that identify the knowledge, skills and abilities required for many Federal occupations including accountants, budget analysts, financial managers, program managers.
In addition to the work that JFMIP/FSIO have accomplished, the Budget Formulation & Execution Line of Business (BFELoB) recently developed the Federal Budget Community Career Road Map: Technical Core Competencies, Key Behaviors, Proficiencies, and Knowledge specifically for budget staff within the federal government. The Career Road Map includes six technical budgeting core competencies and associated behaviors, proficiency levels, and knowledge continuum.
Learn more about the Career Road Map.
Graduate School USA’s curriculum development team develops new courses in addition to its annual revisions of the entire curriculum. Our curriculum designers also work with customers to tailor courses that meet the specialized needs of federal agencies and their employees.
Master Certificate in Federal Financial Management (MCFFM)
Take your professional development to the next level and follow the path to success with GSUSA’s Master Certificate in Federal Financial Management (MCFFM). Our program helps you develop the competencies that practitioners at all levels of the federal government must demonstrate to excel and advance their careers.
DoD Financial Management Certification
Seeking your DoD financial management certification? GSUSA has more than 200 courses that are aligned with DoD competencies. For those who are already certified, taking GSUSA classes can help you maintain your certification at all three levels.
Upcoming Federal Financial Management Classes
Register for these upcoming federal financial management classes and get comprehensive training that can help you develop the knowledge and skills to make appropriate financial decisions.